If you want to team up with friends on both PlayStation and PC, there’s good news for you, as Sony has announced a partnership with Discord to put the voice chat system on PlayStation Network. In a blog post , Sony Interactive Entertainment president Jim Ryan announced that Sony is already working on integrating the service into PlayStation Network, and plans on bringing “the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year”. Sony has also made a minority investment as part of Discord’s Series H funding round. The post is a little vague on exactly what this integration will look like, but it still seems positive for those wanting an easier way to communicate when using cross-play. The news is particularly interesting given the recent reports of talks between Discord and Microsoft over a potential acquisition. Discord was apparently on a call with several interested parties, and Microsoft reportedly made a $10bn offer to buy the company. A later report claimed Discord had decided to turn down the offer , but might still accept Microsoft’s bid in the future. For now it seems Discord wants to keep its options open – but it would… Read full this story
- Sony Announces An Updated PlayStation VR Headset
- Sources: Sony Is Working On A ‘PlayStation 4.5’
- Hideo Kojima and Sony partner for new PlayStation-exclusive game
- Sony implicates 'Anonymous' in PlayStation Network attack
- Is Sony working on an Android-based PlayStation tablet?
- Sony working on VR headset for PS4
- Sony: We're 'rebuilding' PlayStation Network
- Sony Won't Explain What's Up With PS1/PS2 Games On PlayStation Now
- Sony's Working Hard To Make PS4 VR That's Cool And Won't Make You Sick
- PS4 Neo: What we know about the next PlayStation upgrade
Sony working on Discord integration for PlayStation have 284 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.