Beloved platforming mascot Spyro the dragon will ride again in the new season of free-to-play mobile game Crash Bandicoot: On the Run. Made by King, Activision’s mobile arm, the hugely-lucrative On the Run launches its third season, Battle of the Dragons, today, 10th June. Spyro will make an appearance, but can you actually play as Spyro? It looks like you’ll get a Spyro-themed skin for Crash – so maybe that’s as close as it gets. Battle of the Dragons also adds a new land to explore, plus Spyro series villains Dark Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc to defeat. Other new bosses include Crash veterans N.Gin and Koala Kong (no relation). So, when might we see a new Spyro platformer for consoles? Or another Crash Bandicoot, for that matter? Despite successful remaster trilogy releases and Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time selling well last year, things don’t look too promising. Activision’s Toys for Bob studio, which developed Crash 4 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, is now focused on Call of Duty: Warzone . The California-based studio suffered multiple staff exits as part of the shift. Meanwhile, Activision’s Vicarious Visions, which developed Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy as well as Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater… Read full this story
- Activision Teases the Return of Sierra Entertainment with New Site
- Spyro the Dragon Returns in ‘Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure’
- Activision Shuts Down Crash Bandicoot Website, Removes all References: Signs of Acquisition by Sony?
- E3 2017 | GotGame Predictions for Sony
- Weekly Video Game News Roundup: February 3rd
- GotGame Truth Machine: Does Nintendo Really Milk Their Franchises?
- GDC 2012 to feature Game Design Challenge, , sessions
Activision announces Spyro's return have 267 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.