North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, right, meets with members of K-pop girl group Red Velvet and other South Korean performers in a concert in Pyongyang on April 1, 2018. Pyongyang recently has been cracking down on K-pop, K-drama and other South Korean entertainment. [YONHAP] North Korea has turned its back on K-pop, seeing it as a threat to socialism, despite welcoming a performance by popular South Korean girl group Red Velvet in Pyongyang just three years ago. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un held a ruling Workers’ Party Tuesday that stressed a campaign against "anti-socialist and non-socialist practices," reported state-run media Wednesday. The plenary meeting of the Central Committee of the North's Workers' Party was supposed to solve pending issues such as "improving the economic work and the people’s living," reported Rodong Sinmun and the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA). It also addressed the coronavirus pandemic and analyzed the "current international situation." During the meeting, Kim reportedly "clarified" what was described as "guidelines in waging in a more offensive and efficient way the struggle against anti-socialist and non-socialist practices on which hinge the future of [North] Korean-style socialism and the destiny of the people." In recent months, Kim and his state… Read full this story
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un Celebrates 10 Years in Power Touting 'Overwhelming Military Power'
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un stars in wild Top Gun-inspired video to showcase newest missile launch
- North Korea: Kim Jong Un's sister brands South Korean defence minister a 'scum-like guy' over missile remarks
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un releases new Hollywood-style missile launch propaganda film
- EXPLAINED: What North Korea Wants From Its Recent Weapons Tests
- Slick Kim Jong-Un dons leather jacket in bizarre missile launch propaganda footage
- North Korea will keep developing 'formidable striking capabilities', warns Kim Jong-Un
- U.S. and South Korea believe Kim Jong Un faked test launch of Hwasong-17 ICBM "monster missile"
- Trump to win the Nobel Peace Prize? President nominated for ‘tireless' work on North Korea
- Kim Jong-un goes one-up on the competition, is the star of North Korea’s Hollywood-style missile launch
North Korea’s Kim Jong-un isn’t a K-pop fan anymore have 345 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.