2016's Suicide Squad theatrical release was, according to director David Ayer, a departure from the original vision for the DC movie – and was “ripped to pieces” by Warner Bros . Now, one of the editors who worked on the project has spelled out exactly how different the so-called 'Ayer Cut' was from what we ended up seeing in cinemas. In an interview with CinemaBlend , David Hickman outlined how Warner Bros. “wanted to take things in a different direction” with Suicide Squad. First and foremost, that involved making the movie a lot lighter. “[Ayer's] was a much darker film,” Hickman said. “It was almost like a Black Hawk Down type thing. It was just very militarized, very serious. I mean, of course there were supposed to be comedic moments with Will Smith, but it was a darker film.” It was structure, as well as style, that was affected. Hickman revealed Warner Bros. wanted the “origin of the characters to happen much closer to the beginning,” instead of being scattered throughout the first 45 minutes of the movie. “We kind of shoved everything into the viewer’s face right up front so that we could get the story going,” he explained…. Read full this story
- Suicide Squad Director Apologizes for Saying "F--k Marvel"
- Birds of Prey Producers Say They Didn't Set Up James Gunn's Suicide Squad
- Suicide Squad Director David Ayer Refuses to Apologize for His DC Film
- James Gunn Assures Fans The Suicide Squad Will Be Different From Guardians of the Galaxy
- Stan Lee Has Perfect Response to Suicide Squad Director's Marvel Diss
- The Suicide Squad: Nathan Fillion's Role Rumored To Be Revealed
- James Gunn Says The Suicide Squad Costumes Won't Rely on CGI
- Margot Robbie Addresses Timeline Between Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad
- Margot Robbie Still Has More The Suicide Squad Scenes to Film
- James Gunn Wishes He Could Share Images of Viola Davis in The Suicide Squad
Suicide Squad editor reveals the biggest differences between the director’s cut and the theatrical release have 315 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.