The WNBA announced on Monday that 99% of its players have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The WNBA has a higher percentage of vaccinated players than any other major U.S. sports league that has announced its vaccination rates. In a statement, the WNBA said “99 percent of the league’s players are now fully vaccinated, and all 12 teams have met the threshold for being considered a fully-vaccinated team.” The WNBA players’ union also commented on the news, thanking “all of the experts, physicians and other healthcare professionals who dedicated time to our player-led vaccine education sessions during the offseason!” The league said none of its players have tested positive for the virus since the regular season began. It is currently more than halfway through the season. The MLB announced Friday that 23 teams have vaccinated 85% of their players and on-field personnel, which allows those teams to relax some protocols. There were no positive tests in the last week, the league said. ESPN reported last week that 65% of NFL players have received at least one shot. In May, the outlet reported that around 75% of NBA players have been vaccinated. While many sporting events are returning to normal, some… Read full this story
- Indonesia says about 100 million AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses face arrival delays
- Deputy PM says he doesn’t have Covid-19, despite rumours
- Sonu Sood Says He Got Infected With COVID-19 Despite Being Careful; Adds 'I Have Always Worn A Mask'
- Dolly Parton excited to say she is fully vaccinated against coronavirus
- Majority Of Penguins Players, Coaches Receive COVID-19 Vaccines At PPG Paints Arena Clinic
- US says 165 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine been administered so far
- No.1 Barty among players to get COVID-19 vaccine in US
- Ardern says border workers must take COVID-19 vaccine after new cases
- 1 in 5 still say they won't get COVID-19 vaccine: poll
- Why fully investigating COVID-19's origins still matters
WNBA says 99% of its players are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 have 303 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at June 28, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.