Konami has officially renamed the PES series to “eFootball”, and made it free-to-play and digital-only. The dramatic shift begins with this year’s game, simply titled eFootball, which is due out on consoles, PC and mobile with cross-play. eFootball, out this autumn, is built on Unreal Engine – another first for the famous football video game franchise. The trailer below shows off a brief snippet of gameplay: eFootball launches worldwide first on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X and S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 and PC via Steam this autumn, with iOS and Android to follow soon after. A Nintendo Switch version wasn’t mentioned by Konami in its note to press this morning. Konami said it will share gameplay details next month, but it did mention something called “Motion Matching”, which “converts the vast range of movements that players make on the pitch into a series of animations, selecting the most accurate one in real-time”. “The system provides more than four times as many animations as before, achieving highly realistic movement,” Konami continued. Motion Matching will be utilised across all eFootball platforms, including last-gen consoles, PCs and mobile.” Konami also promised to regularly add new content and game modes… Read full this story
- Plan Your Free Online Education at Lifehacker U: Spring Semester 2013
- Why Has David Ortiz Gotten A Free Pass From The PED Witch Hunt?
- Auto, auto ancillaries would be my favourite play on economic recovery: Saurabh Mukherjea
- Why playing contra means value investing for Prashant Jain
- You're a Kid. Go Play!
- Teaching AI To Play Video Games Could Make It Much Smarter
- New update turns Google Earth into a free storytelling platform
- Google Stadia launches TODAY under a cloud: Gamers with early access say streaming service is slow and has hidden costs as customers who pre-ordered specialist kit are STILL waiting for it just hours before it goes live
- How to take over your town: the inside story of a local revolution
- I'm Former Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves, and This Is How I Work
PES renamed eFootball, goes free-to-play, digital-only have 330 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.