Millman outlasted Italian young gun Lorenzo Musetti 6-3 6-4 in a match that turned into a pure grind – with both players struggling to hold serve as the sun and heat wreaked havoc. Hitting the mid-30s on the mercury, Millman said you can "add another 10" degrees to that mark to get a more accurate reading in the middle of the court. "It's brutal out here. They're really challenging conditions," Millman said. "These are some of the hotter conditions we'll play in all year – it's similar to the hottest Brisbane days we get in summer. It's humid, mid-30 degrees and out on court you can add another ten degrees." John Millman has survived a gruelling match to make it through to the next round. Source:Supplied Millman seized control of the match with two breaks in the space of three games – the first, which allowed him to serve for the first set, and the second which gave him an early buffer to start a seesawing second set. Millman will now face Spanish 16th seed Alejandro Davidovich Fokina in the second round – and admits he's let his eyes wander further into the draw, where world No.1 Novak Djokovic potentially… Read full this story
- Roger Federer given 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games blessing by ITF chief
- Tokyo via Nur-Sultan
- No favorites in WTA Finals, says Barty
- PV Sindhu has kept an empty space in her cabinet for Olympic gold
- Sure of making it to our second consecutive Olympics: Savita
- Ticket to Tokyo
- Gold medalist Ryan Lochte says he's done partying and reveals he checked into rehab during 14-month ban for improper vitamin injection before winning at U.S. Nationals despite swimming '22 pounds overweight'
- Judo ban a wake-up call for Iran ahead of Olympics
- Top Current Affairs & GK for August 2019: Here's the round-up
- Tiger Woods says he wants to add Olympic gold to all those green jackets
Tokyo Olympics 2021: Tennis news as Ash Barty looks for gold, John Millman wins first round have 321 words, post on www.news.com.au at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.