E10 biofuel: Department for Transport explains why it's 'better’ Sign up for FREE for motoring tips every driver needs to know SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The new fuel was brought in by the Government and the Department for Transport to act as a cleaner and more green petrol . It is blended with up to 10 percent renewable ethanol and made up of materials such as low-grade grains, sugars and waste wood, making it greener than existing petrol. Related articles E10 fuel: Drivers criticise ‘frustrating’ fuel economy as prices fall ‘It's annoying': Drivers complain of car problems from new E10 petrol READ MORE Former Fifth Gear host worried about E10 petrol risks The change could cut transport CO2 emissions by 750,000 tonnes per year, which is the equivalent of taking 350,000 cars off of UK roads. This is expected to help the UK move closer to the Government's climate goals as they prepare to host the COP26 climate conference in November. The… Read full this story
- Sleek new SUVs dominate reveals at New York auto show
- A shortage of used cars is giving buyers more options
- A glut of used cars is giving buyers more options
- The 10 best and worst things about the all-new 2019 Volkswagen Jetta
- This car maker is investing €6 billion in going electric
- Tanker fills up gas station with wrong fuel
- 5 Overlooked Car Expenses That Can Ruin Your Budget
- Making the case for alternative fuel
- The super-fast electric car charging network coming to Europe
- How big cars create small emissions?
E10 fuel: The car models compatible with new petrol - is your car affected? have 288 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 8, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.