The Forgotten City, the award-winning time-looping murder mystery that started life as a Skyrim mod, is launching on Nintendo Switch as a cloud game today. If you aren’t familiar with The Forgotten City, there’s a fair bit to unpack. It was first launched in 2015 as a Skyrim mod set in the Dwarven ruins of The Reach, and it told a trippy, existential story built around a unique time-looping mechanic. After much fanfare and winning a National Writers Guild Award in Australia in 2016, work began on turning The Forgotten City into a standalone game that would replace Skyrim’s world and lore with an original story set in a secret underground city during the Roman Empire. At The Forgotten City’s initial July launch, we sat down with Nick James Pearce , who’s responsible for the mod and standalone game, and he walked us through the game’s conception all the way through its final stage as a standalone open-world RPG. In short, Pearce explained that it felt like “building a house from scratch” and took the help of a Cambridge philosophy professor and a 20-year archaeologist to complete, which should give you some sense of the game’s scope. Calling The Forgotten… Read full this story
- 2009 Honda City: in-depth details and specifications!
- The Top Car Movies Ever Made and the One You Voted as the Best
- The inside story of Aaron Ramsey’s rise from a shy Caerphilly boy to one of Britain’s most expensive and talented football stars
- Behind the Scenes with Discovery Channel’s Street Outlaws
- Shane McAlary returns to Street Outlaws in a new Vega
- 26 Readers’ Rides
- Outlaw Armageddon 2016 Full Race Wrap-Up
- The Ultimate Dodge Challenger Road Trip
- 2011 BMW X3: From South Carolina to L.A.
- 1970 Dodge Super Bee – Mutant Bee
Skyrim mod turned standalone murder mystery The Forgotten City launches on Switch have 292 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.