Diablo 2 Resurrected has been suffering from server issues since launch, as previously reported . Now, Blizzard has shared a detailed blog post to explain why and how they’re moving forward. “Our server outages have not been caused by a singular issue; we are solving each problem as they arise, with both mitigating solves and longer-term architectural changes,” it reads. “A small number of players have experienced character progression loss – moving forward, any loss due to a server crash should be limited to several minutes. This is not a complete solve to us, and we are continuing to work on this issue. Our team, with the help of others at Blizzard, are working to bring the game experience to a place that feels good for everyone.” The post goes on to explain how the game servers work, with connections between regional servers and a larger global server. Between saving too often to the global servers and increasingly high numbers of concurrent players, the servers have struggled to cope. Interestingly, the remaster utilises a lot of legacy code from the original. “This service, with some upgrades from the original, handles critical pieces of game functionality, namely game creation/joining, updating/reading/filtering game… Read full this story
- Diablo 3 console review | Digital Trends
- Diablo 3 Season 20 Start Time Countdown: Release Date news, Set rewards, tier list, more
- Hunting the hunters: How Russian hackers targeted US cyber first responders in SolarWinds breach
- Diablo 4 sarà una bomba a livello grafico
- Diablo 4 character creator has "more in-depth customization than any previous Diablo"
- Impressions: 'Diablo Immortal' is shaping up to be a faithful mobile rendition
- First look at Diablo IV's classes, enemies and character customisation
- Diablo Immortal Is Proof that Mobile AAA Is Here to Stay | Digital Trends
- La Ville Lumiere: How Blizzard's Overwatch Team Built Paris
- Waikato DHB cyber attack: It could take weeks to resurrect nearly 700 computer servers
Blizzard responds to Diablo 2 Resurrected server issues have 304 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.