New details have emerged on Microsoft exclusive RPG Avowed from Obsidian. The game was first announced at the Xbox Game Showcase in July 2020 and is from the studio behind The Outer Worlds and Pillars of Eternity. In fact, Avowed mixes in elements from both of those games according to a new report from Windows Central . It’s set in the same universe as Pillars of Eternity, but with a first-person perspective similar to The Outer Worlds. The report suggests that, if The Outer Worlds was the studio’s take on Fallout, then Avowed is their take on The Elder Scrolls in both its fantasy setting and combat. Avowed will feature two handed combat and multiple classes, seemingly borrowed from Skyrim. That means dual-wielding weapons and spells for potent attacks, or equipping a mixture of the two. The report states that combat seems “more loadout-based” than Skyrim. Warriors will have access to physical attacks, while casters can customise their combat style using spellbook options and magic bound to specific buttons. Those magic attacks take a leaf out of Pillars of Eternity’s book. Spells like the lightning based Jolting Touch and two-handed Fireball are present, conjured using complex hand gestures, and status… Read full this story
- The best games like Skyrim
- What Happens If You Play Elder Scrolls Online Like Skyrim?
- Report: Next Assassin’s Creed is like Skyrim, has two main characters
- Obsidian’s Bold Future: Eternity Meets Skyrim, A Second KS
- 36 best Skyrim mods you should download on Xbox One, PS4 and PC
- 36 mods you should download for Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One, PS4 and PC
- The 100 best Skyrim mods
- 33 mods you should download for Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One, PS4 and PC
- Meet the makers of Skyblivion, the upcoming Skyrim mod that's recreating Oblivion for a new generation of Elder Scrolls players
- In-depth: Skyrim survey analysed
Obsidian's forthcoming Avowed sounds like its own take on Skyrim have 305 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.