EDM DJ Steve Aoki played a 60-minute virtual Sonic concert for the SEGA mascot’s 30th anniversary. It was weird. The performance (which you can watch in full below) was broadcast on Twitch and YouTube (as well as in VR using the YouTube VR app) and had Aoki playing a set in a number of Sonic-themed backdrops, from the iconic Green Hill Zone to Chemical Plant. Sonic and co raced around the areas and shimmied awkwardly, proving the blue blur can run fast but can’t dance. It looked more like a techno Balan Wonderworld. Worse, the performance contained only one track from the Sonic franchise: a remix of the Stardust Speedway theme from Sonic CD. Otherwise, this was simply a Steve Aoki set with Sonic assets slapped on. The YouTube video has plenty of negative comments from disappointed fans who expected more… Sonic from the experience. “I feel like I should be forgiven for assuming that a Sonic concert would have some Sonic music in it. Clearly I was wrong to assume that,” reads one comment. “Shoutouts to a Sonic concert not having Sonic music. It was literally a Steve Aoki concert with bad Sonic animation around him lmao,” reads another…. Read full this story
- BTS ends whirlwind 2020 with massive New Year's Eve virtual concert
- Ed Sheeran is reinventing himself as a DJ and will release his first remix next week
- From ‘The Office’ to ‘Community’: a roundup of 2020’s best virtual cast reunions in quarantine
- Test your knowledge of 2020 with our bumper quiz
- These Hotels Are Ringing in the New Year With Covid-Safe Parties, But Who’s Booking a Stay?
- The Black Crowes’ Chris Robinson Talks ‘Shake Your Money Maker’ Deluxe Edition
- Fall Arts Preview: Pop music
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 29
- Kim Kardashian ditches her $1.3m engagement ring and 'hires celebrity lawyer Laura Wasser to end her six-year marriage to Kanye West after months of living separate lives'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are 'BOTH fighting to keep $60m dream mansion in Calabasas' as the Hollywood couple prepare for $2.2bn 'divorce'
DJ Steve Aoki played a disappointing virtual concert for Sonic's 30th anniversary have 335 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at December 1, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.