'Someone help me, I'm going to die!' I screamed. When I was nine years old, my friend and I were in our friend's pool at her birthday party — I was always a decent swimmer from the mandatory lessons we were given in school. A friend at the time couldn't swim, so I offered to give her a piggyback in the water. But as I started edging towards the deep end, she panicked and pushed my head under water, trying to jump out. I flapped around as I couldn't breathe. I started screaming and then realised nobody could hear me because water was filling my mouth. I felt my throat closing up, and then everything went black. I was drowning. I was brought back to life with CPR by my friend's dad. The only thing I remember is waking up and seeing him and my friends' worried faces peering down at me. After I woke up vomiting water and shaking, I looked to the pool and felt a strong sense of fear for the first time in my life. After that, I was terrified of water. I kept getting vivid flashbacks to water filling my mouth and not being able… Read full this story
- Girl, 7, fighting for life after nearly drowning in Majorca hotel pool
- Boys in US save life of drowning dad using CPR they saw in movies
- Drowning Doesn't Look Like You Think It Does: How To Recognize It
- Drowning tragedy as two children die in different lakes
- Schoolgirl, seven, dies in hospital after being pulled from Majorca hotel swimming pool
- How Germany and the EU combat child abuse
- How naked festival Nudefest FINALLY made me feel comfortable in my own skin, writes ANTONIA HOYLE
- I spent an hour desperately trying to save girl, 7, who drowned in Majorca pool as family cried for help, says Brit hero
- 'I've saved people who watched their relatives drown - speedboats can only go so fast'
- Three members of same family ‘dead in drowning’ after trying to save boy swept away at popular California swimming spot
I had CPR after nearly drowning as a child. Here’s how I finally beat my fear of swimming have 347 words, post on metro.co.uk at January 3, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.