Employees of the Walt Disney Company staged a walkout on Tuesday over CEO Bob Chapek's tepid response to Florida's "Don't Say Gay" bill , which is set to ban lessons on gender identity and sexual orientation at elementary schools in one of the largest states in the country. GOP Gov. Rick DeSantis has indicated he will soon sign the legislation—officially known as the Parental Rights in Education bill—into law. It's a measure LGBTQ+ activists and allies and mental-health professionals have condemned as harmful to students, and represents just one part of a broader wave of anti-LGBTQ+ initiatives in right-wing states in recent months. The bill would outright ban instruction on the key issues with students in kindergarten to third grade, and severely curtail them in other grades. It also invites lawsuits if and when parents believe teachers have violated the new rules. And while Disney's corporate executives have indicated the company opposes the legislation, they have come under withering attack for failing to publicly resist it before it was too late. Tuesday's protest at multiple Disney locations across the country—and among different subsidiaries including Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm—followed a week of smaller-scale walkouts during 15-minute afternoon breaks. Outside Disney headquarters… Read full this story
- Diabetes and Children - The Numbers Keep Getting Worse
- Advice If Your Yeast Infection Is Getting Worse
- Are Bank Overdraft Fees Getting Worse?
- Why Your Car Gets Worse Gas Mileage in the Winter
- Problems in Getting the Sex Life You Want and Deserve - Starting With K
- The Uranium Bull Market Keeps Getting More Bullish
- Learn How to Get out of Debt
- Joint Problems in Animals: A Serious Problem
- Gay Dating Tactics: Your First-Date Do's & Don'ts
- How To Deal When Your Child Is Gay
Disney’s ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Problem Keeps Getting Worse have 298 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at March 23, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.