Oscar Isaac has urged Disney to 'come out as forcefully as possible' against Florida's controversial new Parental Rights in Education bill, more popularly dubbed the 'don't say gay' bill . Republicans in the state recently passed the legislation, which limits teaching about sexual orientation and gender identity to young children, with lawsuits possible for any teachers who refuse to follow the new rules. Speaking at the virtual junket for new Marvel show Moon Knight on Tuesday – the same day Disney faced mass walk-outs over its inaction to use its political influence to publicly condemn the bill as Florida's largest private employer – the actor labelled the law 'insane' and 'ridiculous'. Riffing on its nickname, Isaac said: 'I guess my comment would be: gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gayyyyyy!' As reported by Variety , he added: 'It's an absolutely ridiculous law. It's insane. It's insanity. And I hope that Disney as a company comes out as forcefully as possible against this idea. 'It's astounding that it even exists in this country,' he finished. While his Oscar-nominated co-star Ethan Hawke didn't comment on the specifics of the situation as someone who was 'not educated about… Read full this story
- From Glenn Close to Will Smith: 13 A-list actors who have never won an Oscar
- Is It Too Soon to Talk About Next Year’s Oscars?
- Carlo Chatrian Leads Berlin Fest Into New Era
- Can ‘Belle’ End Hollywood’s Obsession with the White Savior?
- Marilyn Manson: The Vampire of the Hollywood Hills
- BAFTAs 2020: Host Graham Norton branded 'awful' by viewers as he mocks the Joker's 11 nominations and jokes about diversity controversy in 'embarrassing' opening monologue
- 10 Ways Rogue One Is Better Than The Force Awakens
- The 50 best movies on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The best Netflix original movies (February 2020)
- Robert Downey Jr. Shares Throwback Video of Avengers: Endgame Cast Singing Josh Brolin Happy Birthday
Moon Knight’s Oscar Isaac leads Hollywood stars urging Disney to act over Florida’s controversial ‘don’t say gay’ bill have 338 words, post on metro.co.uk at March 23, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.