According to Konami’s latest financial report for the year ending on March 31, the company recorded its most profitable year ever. The company saw a 10% increase in revenue for the financial year, more than doubling its operating profit to $580.1 million year-on-year. Business profit rose by 25.2% to $626 million and revenue was reported to be $2.3 billion, a 9.9% increase year-on-year. The main driver for these record numbers was Konami’s digital entertainment sector , specifically Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel. Based on the long-running anime and manga property centered around card games– sometimes on motorcycles –the free-to-play Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel was downloaded over 30 million times on PC, mobile, and consoles. Combined with the rest of the digital entertainment sector, Konami generated $1.7 billion and profits of $595.9 million. Professional Baseball Spirits and eBaseball Powerful Pro Yakyu 2022 were also big hits for Konami in Japan, while its Amusements segment generated $152 million. In the Gaming & Systems side of Konami’s business, revenue was up by 54% in a field that covers casino, pachinko, and arcade machines. Sports was also a big driver of profit, growing by 15.2% to make the company $327.6 million. Konami didn’t have any numbers to… Read full this story
- The perception of the Cubs' Yu Darvish as mentally soft is common. Is it fair?
- NBE Bank of the Year, AlexBank most efficient: Business News
- Nakheel's profit is booming, what about its competitors?
- Thanks to AI and cryptomining demand, Nvidia smashes earnings forecasts again
- Bitcoin Could Consume Enough Energy to Power Austria By Year's End
- Just how well will Meghan get on with sister-in-law Kate?
- Newsagent’s Marsh Hill News looks back on 40 years of serving Homerton
- 20 Years Of Crunch Take Their Toll On A Game Developer
- Khirsa mango to get GI tag soon
- Cubs putting Yu Darvish on DL for the flu only worsens his reputation
Konami Just Had Its Most Profitable Year Ever, Thanks Mostly To Yu-Gi-Oh have 294 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.