It’s been a big weekend at the box office – Top Gun: Maverick hit $1 billion at the global box office, while Baz Lurhmann’s Elvis had a global premiere of $50.5 million. Both movies were tied for first place in the US. Already the biggest movie of Cruise’s career, with his biggest debut both domestically and internationally, Top Gun: Maverick is now the first time one of the actor’s films has crossed the $1 billion mark. Meanwhile, of Elvis’ $50.5 million global takings, $30.5 million came from the US box office – one of the highest debut for a non-franchise film post-pandemic, equalling the takings of The Lost City earlier in the year. Top Gun: Maverick also made $30.5 million in the US this weekend, which is all the more impressive considering it’s currently in its fifth week of release. Jurassic World Dominion held the number three spot with $26.4 million, while horror movie The Black Phone, starring Ethan Hawke and directed by Scott Derrickson, opened in fourth place with $23.4 million. Toy Story origin story Lightyear came in at number five with $17.7 million – a disappointing return for a family-friendly Pixar movie in its second week in cinemas…. Read full this story
- Possible Future Presidential Candidate Attempts to Save American Box Office
- ‘Roadrunner’ Tops Specialty Box Office In Week 2; Newcomer ‘Joe Bell’ At $700K, ‘Pig’ Solid
- M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Old’ beats ‘Space Jam,’ ‘Snake Eyes’ in box office
- Box Office: ‘No Time To Die’ Has One Huge Advantage Over Its Blockbuster Competition
- Box Office: How ‘F9’ Defied Conventional Wisdom In Both America And China
- ‘Old’ Tops And ‘Snake Eyes’ Flops At The Friday Box Office
- Weekend Box Office: Avengers: Endgame Opening Weekend Breaks All The Records | Digital Trends
- The 25 biggest summer movie box office flops of all time
- Box Office Twist: M. Night Shyamalan's 'Old' Beats 'Space Jam' and 'Snake Eyes'
- Friday Box Office: ‘Space Jam’ Plunges 77% As ‘Black Widow’ Fails To Get A Bounce
Top Gun: Maverick crosses $1 billion mark at the box office as Elvis debuts to $50.5 million have 314 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.