Audio player loading… Ruja Ignatova is the self-styled ‘Cryptoqueen’ behind OneCoin, a cryptocurrency that has been described as a pyramid scheme, and has defrauded investors large and small of billions of dollars. When serious questions began to be asked about OneCoin in 2017, Ignatova disappeared. She’s now been placed on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list (opens in new tab) (thanks, BBC (opens in new tab) ). The FBI uses this when it believes the public might be able to help find someone, and Ignatova has now been missing for just under five years. The notice says that “Ignatova is believed to travel with armed guards and/or associates. Ignatova may have had plastic surgery or otherwise altered her appearance.” The plastic surgery has been rumoured for a while, but that’s probably the least sensational aspect of this story. OneCoin began in 2014 and was essentially a multi-level marketing scam with crypto at the core: one of those where people get commission for introducing others. The problem being this crypto wasn’t even crypto, in the definitional sense of being built on a blockchain. Instead it was a centralised digital currency that OneCoin controlled. This is a very special type of nothing… Read full this story
- Man On FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List Arrested After 16 Years | The Daily Wire
- Money making tips: 10 of the best side hustles where you can earn £500 a month
- Top 5 Scooter Launches Of 2021, Yamaha Aerox 155 & TVS Jupiter 125 Make It To The List
- 'Most Wanted' list leads to rediscovered species. Conservation group sets its sights on finding 8 more.
- Brit soldier, 20, on international wanted list after 'glass cuts pal's neck' in Magaluf
- Report: James Harden making clear he wants to leave Nets
- 10 Icy Nordic Thrillers to Get You Through the Winter
- How to Want Less
- The incredible UK sites all Britons should put on their bucket list named - top 10 list
- For LSU's Ed Orgeron, Ole Miss is full of regretful things — but Hugh Freeze isn't one of them
The 'Missing Cryptoqueen' makes the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list have 323 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.